- How can I know I'm ready?
qualify for a Chingu Voyage. Know more than that? Chingu has you
covered! Our Voyages have three different tiers separated by skill
level (beginners, intermediate, advanced) so you can work in the
Tier you are most comfortable in. We also require you to complete
a Solo Project prior to starting your first Voyage so you can
discover what Tier you best fit into. TLDR - We encourage people
at any level (including beginners) to
join, as our Solo Projects are designed to inspire / help people
gain the skills they need to be eligible to join.
- Can I get a job from doing Chingu Voyages?
- Yes, every week we see members getting a job. Members who have
successfully completed 3 Voyages at the tier-3 level generally are
job ready. They have gained the skills necessary to build multiple
full-stack applications, have at least 4.5 months of experience
working on real projects in real teams, and understand the
importance of soft skills.
- I just finished a coding bootcamp. Is Chingu for me?
- Yes. Many of the major coding bootcamps have referred their
graduates to Chingu to help them get more experience and prepare
for a real job.
- How much time do I have to commit?
- In order for you to get the most out of your voyage, we recommend
committing at least 6-8 hours per week. However, we understand that
your availability may vary from sprint-to-sprint. What's important
is that you give your team plenty of notice so the team can plan
for these situations.
- How do you organize Voyage teams?
- In a Voyage you’ll be matched with other teammates in the same
tier, in similar timezones and who have similar technical
- Is the Voyage okay for Beginners?
- You will need to know basic CSS, HTML, and a programming language
you can use the Solo Project to help build and refine your skills
to prepare you for the Voyage.
- What is the Solo Project project?
- The Solo Project allows new Chingus
to find out which Tier they best fit in, and build a project
from start to finish to ensure they are ready for the team Voyage
project. The solo projects are organized by Tier and requires
skills that match the tier that best suits your current skill
level. Don't worry if you find that you have selected the wrong
tier - you can change your tier at any time.
- What if something happens and I cannot join the next Voyage session?
- No worries. Just let us know by emailing your plans to
- What if I have more questions?
- We'd be happy to answer any questions you have! Please feel free
to email them to us at: